Get the “DCTriode” PC app, better than the Web site
I maintain an application “DCTriode” running on Windows, freely available for download and usage: more comfortable, more circuits, more tube models, more features than the Web version. You can edit and create your own models of triodes.
It includes 21 built-in models : ECC81, ECC82, ECC83, ECC85, ECC86, ECC88, ECC99, ECF80, ECF82, ECF83, ECF86, ECL80, ECL81, ECL82, ECL83, ECL84, ECL85, ECL 86, 12AY7 plus 300B and 2A3.
As simple to use as the online site, it nevertheless comes with a small PDF user manual. Pure freeware, fully functional, without any advertisements, telemetry, spy or intentional virus-like functions.
Download it freely now
Download from https://tubes.astefo.com/install/dnld.php . Note that your browser may prevent you to download this MSI file, to “protect” you…
Last release #1.7 : November 16, 2022.
Next release 1.8 in December will include a few more circuits after John Broskie’s Tubecad web site: SRPP headphone amplifier, CCDA line amplifier, Janus cascode shunt regulator, Totem Pole Split Load Phase Splitter. Tubecad is a mine for circuits with DC couplings…
23 circuit solvers available:
- Basic gain stage, cathode bias
- Phase inverter, self bias cathodyne
- Cathode follower, fixed bias
- Gain stage and DC-coupled cathode follower
- Phase inverter, fixed bias cathodyne
- Differential phase inverter, cathode bias
- Cascode SRPP
- Gain stages with direct coupling
- Differential phase inverter, constant current bias
- Dual triode mixer, balanced
- Dual triode mixer, asymmetrical
- Gain stage, constant current bias
- Gain stages with DC level shifting
- Differential phase inverter, long-tailed pair, cathode bias
- 2-triode serial voltage regulator
- 1-triode basic serial voltage regulator
- 1-triode shunt voltage regulator
- Three gain stages coupled by HV RC filters
- Two gain stages coupled by HV RC filters
- Double-cascode after “Aikido” circuit (tubecad.com)
- Cascode SRPP after phono preamp (tubecad.com)
- Push-pull amplifier with DC feedback (tubecad.com)
Why a Windows app in addition to the Web site ?
The library screen, where you list circuits and access related solvers:
Example of ECC82 long-tailed pair, with a grid differential voltage of -10V
Editing a model ECC86…
Displaying anode curves
Drawing transconductance, internal resistance and amplification factor of the ECL84 triode section, at 3 different anode voltages: